ATTENTION JACKPOT HOSTS
All jackpots must be approved by the MBRA office . Please submit the MBRA Sanction Form (included in the Jackpot Guide downloads), one week prior to your jackpot.
ALL jackpot results, sanction fee and prize fund to be returned to MBRA office within one week of jackpot.
JACKPOT HOSTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO THE MBRA OFFICE WITHIN ONE WEEK OF EVENT.
- Jackpot Results
ALL time sheets and payouts
- $10 Sanction Fee
- $1 per horse Finals Prize Fund
PLEASE MAKE CHEQUES PAYABLE TO THE MBRA.
HOSTING AN MBRA JACKPOT!
Hosting a barrel racing jackpot is easy! All you need is a barrel patch, a host package, and volunteers to help set up timers, rake barrels and take entries. We encourage all members to host an event to help those near you to qualify for the MBRA Finals!
Important Tips to Remember when you decide to host a jackpot:
- Complete a sanction form and submit it to the office at minimum seven days prior to the jackpot. The sanction form enables us to add the information to our jackpot calendar. It is very important you include all details divisions you will be offering (Open, Youth, Select, Peewee), entry fee, added money, and your contact information.
- You must payout 70% of the fees you collect.
- If you are not following standard MBRA payout you must submit a deviation in payout form 30 days in advance of the jackpot.
- If you cancel your jackpot you must notify the office or you will be charged the $10.00 sanction fee. You can reschedule your jackpot when you contact the office to cancel without providing the seven days notice.
- Day of the jackpot you must ask all contestants to show you a membership card or a permit card. A picture of the card is acceptable. If a contestant shows you a permit card please initial the back of it.
- If you are allowing carry over contestants must declare at time of jackpot. No carry over is allowed between double header jackpots. You must run in both jackpots for attendance purposes.
- Results including sanction fee and prize fund must be submitted to the office within 7 days. You can mail or scan and e-mail your results. Fees will be accepted by e-transfer or cheque.
The MBRA Board reserves the right to decline hosts the opportunity to sanction jackpots based on past problems from hosting previous jackpots.
JACKPOT HOST DOWNLOADS
Below you will find the downloads for the jackpot hosts. The JACKPOT GUIDE contains sanction form, entry forms & calculation spreadsheets for payout.
- 2017 Sanction Form
- 2017 Jackpot guide 1
- 2017 Jackpot guide 2
- VIEW Jackpot Rules
- 2017 Request for Change in Payout Application
HOW TO SANCTION & HOST AN MBRA JACKPOT - APPLIES TO ALL PROVINCES & STATES
- Fill out MBRA Sanction Form with appropriate information and send into the office by e-mail or mail prior to advertising on social media so the sanction can be approved and updated on our website.
- Sanction form must be to the MBRA office within one week of scheduled jackpot
- Print off jackpot guide and read the rules. You must be a member of the MBRA or have a permit application to compete at a jackpot. Membership cards / Permit cards are issued to members to present to the jackpot host when entering if a member does not have a card they will not be allowed to compete.
- Hosting jackpot - you will require timers, gate worker, rakers, secretary, announcer (optional)After jackpot- do payout with the guidelines of the jackpot guide. Make sure the horse and riders name are correct.
- Send jackpot results, sanction fee ($10.00) per jackpot and $1 prize fund for each horse/rider combo for all divisions per jackpot within one week. Please specify additional charges that may apply to jackpot. Results can be e-mailed or mailed to the office.
Jackpot hosts must verify that all competitors hold a membership or permit by asking competitors to present their card or verify the name on the membership list on the website. If someone competes at your jackpot without a membership; you will receive a warning and if it occurs a second time you will be suspended from hosting jackpots for 60 days.